For breakfast:
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with vegan cream cheese filling (because the Easter bunny likes carrots ya know). The recipe was for carrot cake waffles but after seeing how thick the batter turned out, I was afraid of putting it in my waffle maker (which has been a hit or miss lately). Instead I made pancakes to be safe. The recipe itself needed a bit of "cleaning up" to make it more real-food approved. So I made the following substitutions:
- oat flour instead of all purpose flour,
- coconut sugar instead of white sugar (coconut sugar is considered un-refined)
- coconut milk yogurt instead of reg. yogurt or buttermilk
- flax eggs instead of regular eggs
- vegan butter instead of regular butter
- Added almond milk at the end to thin out the batter
- They turned out AMAZING! The kids did not want to spread the cream cheese filling on them so I was the only one that used the "frosting" as Liam called it, and I can tell you that it tasted JUST like carrot cake. A little too sweet for my breakfast taste but I did eat one later in the day as "dessert".
- Egg Frittata with mushrooms, spinach, onions/peppers, and tomatoes
- Bacon. For the kids...for those who think I don't fee the kids meat. They LOVE their bacon. In fact, it might be Ellie's 6th word, she was so desperate for more today she came close to saying it today.
- Homemade Hashbrowns- I was so happy I learned how to make these from scratch. It was not hard at all and now I know there's no need to buy the frozen ones.
While in cooking mode, I also prepared food for the next couple of days. I made these:
- Veggie Pasta Stew- Ate this for dinner and it was a big hit with everyone. Really hearty and delicious.
- Vegan Mac n' Cheese Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole- I made up this recipe. Cooked brown rice in rice cooker. Steamed broccoli. Placed rice in a casserole dish and mixed in cream cheese, salt/pepper. Added broccoli, mixed it all up and topped with some shredded cheddar cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment