Sunday, April 13, 2014

Menu for Week of March 24-March 29

This week was an out of the ordinary week.  I left town on Thursday to Orlando with Ellie for a friend's bridal shower.  Nick was home with the boys from Thursday-Sunday so I planned to make food for them before I left, not all of it happened but I tried.

Sunday-- BBQ Lentil "sloppy joe" sandwiches
Seriously, 2 years ago I would've gagged at the thought of having a "bean" sandwich but lentils have quickly become meat replacements in our house.  This recipe is SOOOO good.  I LOVE the homemade BBQ sauce.  I didn't use molasses, I used maple syrup instead and I did not use liquid smoke....because that doesn't sound like it's good for you.  I made no other substitutions but I made it all on the stovetop, without using the food processor first.  Instead I used the immersion blender after all had been cooked.
Nick and Gavin loved these.  Liam and Ellie were a little pickier and opted for an alternative dinner.

Monday-- Spaguetti with Meatballs
Yes, "real" meatballs...for the boys.  This is Nick's night with the kids and I prepped Tuesday's meal but nothing for Monday so it's pasta night. :)

Tuesday-- Taco Tuesday
Ever since Gavin watched the Lego Movie he has been wanting to do a Tuesday Taco Night and since I keep mixing up the days on tacos, he keeps requesting tacos on a tuesday night.  Hence, why Nick couldn't use the prepped meal in the fridge for Monday's dinner....because then it would've been Taco Monday and in the words of Liam, "that's not good".

Wednesday-- Vegetable Pot Pies topped with homemade vegan biscuits  (Yeah...the individual pot pies did NOT happen but I did make the biscuits and they were GOOD! We just ended up using them with the curried soup below)

Thursday-- Curried Vegetables and Chickpea Stew  (this was delish)

Friday-- Leftovers

Saturday-- Ate out....Boys went to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment