I highly recommend allotting some time after grocery shopping to clean, chop and store all the veggies and meat that you'll use for the week. I also cut every vegetable the same regardless of the recipe and that allows me to just cut all the onions, carrots, celery, peppers or what have you and store in containers ready to go for any recipe. This tip also applies for meat, especially if you buy in bulk. After coming home from the grocery store, open up the meat packages and separate them out by the portions that you'll use at a time while the meat is still defrosted from the store.
It is so easy to put a healthy meal together quickly when all the prep is already done.
Do any of you do this already?
This coming week I'm thinking of having a week of soups menu because all the kids and Nick eat soup like crazy. I'm probably not going to be able to cook all the soups ahead of time so I'll definitely be chopping up all the veggies ahead so I can just throw them in the crockpot during the week to make the soup of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment