So, here's the first week which is not a typical week in the sense that I did not prep ANYTHING ahead of time. Typically, I prepare meals on Sunday for the week but this weekend we had a birthday party to go to and that threw us off.
Sunday- Garlic pasta (brown rice noodles) with spinach and shrimp (for the kids). This meal was vegan and gluten-free.
Monday- Harris Teeter Pizza night....NOT "real food". This is one of the nights where Nick is home with the kids by himself through bedtime and he has a routine of picking up pizza with the kids. He does this whether I leave food prepped or not so it's become "his thing". I also believe this is the reason why Gavin told me a couple of weeks ago that I was a much better cook than daddy. :)
Tuesday- Homemade refried pinto beans on the crock pot. Gavin made a taco, Liam ate a burrito and Ellie a "mexican bowl". All included the refried beans, quinoa, mashed avocados w/lime and salt, organic store bought salsa and the boys added cheese to theirs.
Wednesday- This is the other "Nick alone night" so he made (or heated I should say) organic veggie burgers and organic baked fries (neither were homemade, these are one of the few already made frozen foods that we've been buying at BJ's for these kinds of nights).
Thursday- Brown rice and red kidney beans with avocado slices. This was Liam's request all day long and he ate NONE of it. :(
Friday- Left overs....clear the fridge night!
Saturday- Not a typical Saturday since it was Gavin's birthday. We went out to lunch after his birthday party to a pizza place and we ate leftovers for dinner. Today was not a "real food rules" day....cupcakes and pizza for everyone!
Saturday- Not a typical Saturday since it was Gavin's birthday. We went out to lunch after his birthday party to a pizza place and we ate leftovers for dinner. Today was not a "real food rules" day....cupcakes and pizza for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment